Lifestyle blog of a Welsh valley girl based in Birmingham

Sunday 3 January 2016

Restaurant review: Original Patty Men

Happy new year lovelies!

It has been a while since I have posted here but with the start of the school term looming I thought I had better review a new restaurant I tried around Christmas time before I get flooded with marking again!

I first tried an O.P.M burger at Digbeth dining club and it was honestly one of the best burgers I've ever eaten. Therefore, when I heard the boys were opening a new permanent venue in town I was desperate to drag Sam along to try it.

Situated in a rather strange location, under a railway arch on Shaw's passage but only a stone's throw away from the bullring the location is actually really accessible. We entered a side door and into the small venue which only seats around 30 people but it had a very industrial look to it - something which I quite like. 

It was quiet for a Saturday afternoon and we were able to select our own table. Notably, O.P.M have also teamed up with Siren Craft Brew - a Reading based brewery to open the restaurant so there is plenty of their beers available to choose from. Sam went for one called Soundwave which he said was OK but a bit too hoppy for his liking. They also have a range of other canned and bottles beers, spirits and soft drinks to choose from the menu. I went for the bottled lemonade which came in a really cute and quirky glass bottle. 


When it came to choosing what to eat, the menu is simple but with something for everyone. I opted for the Cheeseburger and Sam went for a burger called Darrons fancy which included pork scratchings and Red Leicester cheese. We also ordered a portion of the O.D.B fries to share which were triple cooked with a spice mix, sriracha mayo, crispy onions and fresh spring onions. The food arrived quickly and was served on trays - perfect to avoid making a mess! 


The beef in my cheeseburger was delicious and the onions complimented it perfectly. My only niggle was that the contents of the burger almost fell out of the bun! I didn't try any of Sam's but he said the burger was well cooked to his taste and the pork scratchings added a tasty, salty crunch. The O.D.B triple cooked chips were also demolished by the both of us within minutes.


Overall, value for money was pretty good - we paid around £25 for 2 drinks, 2 burgers and a side to share and the burgers really are worth it. 

They are only open Thursdays-Sundays at the moment so if you are a burger lover I suggest you head down and give them a try! You can keep up with any of their menu changes through their twitter and facebook page.

Signature
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Proper Tidy

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig