Lifestyle blog of a Welsh valley girl based in Birmingham

Tuesday 10 November 2015

Restaurant Review: The Plough, Harborne

Last week we visited The Plough in Harborne for my 24th birthday. (I hate getting older!)
I was really excited to try the main menu at The Plough after visiting there once before for a Sunday lunch. It did not disappoint. We did not book beforehand and arrived at around 7pm and despite it being a Thursday evening the place was pretty busy. 
However, we were quickly shown to a table in a cosy corner in the pub part of the restaurant. We then ordered two 500ml carafes of The Plough red and white wine whilst we looked over the menu. It was my birthday after all. 
As The Plough are renowned for their homemade stone baked pizzas it was inevitable that we opted for one each. I went for the calzone which included mozzarella, tomato and two fillings of your choice from an extensive list including smoked salmon, pulled cajun chicken and many more. I was a bit cheeky and opted for three fillings for an extra cost, I chose caramelised red onion, prosciutto and goats cheese - a match made in pizza heaven!
Sam went for the regular stone baked pizza which was topped with chorizo, roasted peppers, cajun chicken, caramelised red onion and black olives. He also asked for an additional topping of anchovies which I loathe! We also ordered a side order of fries. 
The food arrived quickly and was piping hot. I've never been so excited to tuck into a pizza since I last visited Rome! Mine was an insanely good combination - even if I do say so myself. Sam enjoyed his pizza thoroughly too but also agreed the taste of mine was better. I think it was the creamy goats cheese which made it a winner. The fries were also served crispy but with a fluffy and light centre.
The service was fantastic, the atmosphere was great and I had a really nice evening for my birthday - even if it was a school night! I will definitely be returning to The Plough for one of their Lickin Chicken events taking place on Sunday evenings which include a whopping 1 kilo of spicy buffalo wings with a celery and blue cheese dip! Find out more on their website here.
Have you visited The Plough recently? What did you think?
Signature
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Proper Tidy

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig