Lifestyle blog of a Welsh valley girl based in Birmingham

Friday 29 July 2016

The Smoke haus, Brindley Place

 
Recently a new restaurant called The Smoke Haus opened in Brindley Place. I am already quite familiar with The Smoke Haus as their original restaurant is based in Swansea and I have visited it on a couple of occasions.
 

Fortunately, I was invited to their VIP launch night to try out some of their meaty delights at the Birmingham branch for myself. We were warmly greeted as we walked into the restaurant and were shown swiftly to our table. I was slightly disappointed to have not been placed next to the window as the views across the canals were pretty decent. 
 
Our drinks order was taken within a few minutes. I went for the Strawberry Daiquiri and Sam went for a bourbon recommended by the bartender. My cocktail was delicious but I was slightly disappointed there wasn't more crushed ice in it.
 
 
After browsing the menu which is classic American grill food with several burgers, hotdogs, ribs and other grilled meats to choose from, including a variety of sides, (Is your mouth watering yet?) we opted for a BBQ chicken wings appetizer to share. For mains I ordered the Baby back ribs and I was given the choice to upgrade my fries from several different options including; spiced, cheesy, chilli etc. I decided to go for Sweet potato fries and I also ordered a Mac 'n' Cheese on the side.
Sam ordered 10oz New York Strip steak served Blue with cheesy chilli fries and a side of fried pickles.
 
The BBQ chicken wings arrived promptly and they looked messy yet delicious! I was not wrong, these were potentially the nicest chicken wings I have tried whilst dining out. There was plenty of meat on each wing and they were generously coated in sticky, tasty and rich BBQ sauce. They were accompanied with a blue cheese dip which wasn't to my taste but Sam loved it. The wet wipes were greatly received following the completion of the wings.
 

 
The main meals arrived shortly after the appetizer was cleared away. The ribs looked amazing and sticky alongside a very generous portion of sweet potato chips and a not so generous portion of coleslaw - I wished there was more of it as it was crunchy and creamy! Sam couldn't wait to get stuck into his steak and rightly so, he said it was one of the best steaks he has eaten out at a restaurant as it was cooked to perfection for him. As you can see from the images it looks very bloody, I don't know how he manages to stomach it! Sam also enjoyed his cheesy chilli fries although, our eyes were obviously bigger than our bellies as we couldn't manage to finish it all. I didn't personally try the side order of fried pickles however, Sam said they were ok but not something he would order again.
 
 
 
 
 


To wash all the meaty goodness down, Sam ordered a Blue Moon white ale and I opted for a fruity cider. We couldn't possibly order a dessert as we were stuffed from our appetiser and mains, although they all sounded amazing.  
 
 
 
Overall, I was really pleased with the standard of the food at The Smoke Haus. Our waitress seemed really nervous for most of the evening, however the service she provided was really good. I think The Smoke Haus makes a great addition to Brindley Place and I'm looking forward to visiting again in the future.
 
 
 
Signature
 
 
(The food at the VIP launch was complimentary. This does not affect my opinion and I was not required to write about the event.)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Proper Tidy

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig